Take a multimedia journey to understand life on Earth. Plants, animals and humans. Explore the biosphere. Find out how plants work. Learn about the biology of humans and animals. Explore life in the oceans and find out how productive environments function. Learn about evolution. Find out how changing populations impact our planet. Life Science features clearly written text, more than 90 beautiful photographs and illustrations, interactive exercises (to “learn by doing”), over a dozen video clips and animations, and a half-hour video documentary – Life Science: Good Muscles and Bones. A student athlete explores the structure of muscles and bones with help from NASA experts.
ScienceSchoolHouse’s new Discover! Science Library for grades 6-8 and 9-12, has the following features and components:
- Interactive multimedia tutorials: Each CD includes up to 200 screens with text and pictures/illustrations plus interactive exercises and lots of video clips.
- All core text is fully narrated (with an on/off option). All vocabulary checked for age appropriateness. Built to pedagogically correct standards with appendices for advanced research.
- 3D Virtual Laboratory: Select samples, instruments, tools, planets and natural environments. Design and perform dynamic, discovery oriented experiments, then analyze and plot data to confirm or deny hypotheses. Each student learns by doing science and being a scientist.
- One 30-minute, high-resolution, digital video on each CD, with content indexing and one-click navigation.
- Quizzes for the students and Test Banks for teachers.
- Teacher’s Guides and state and national curriculum correlations on the CDs and our website.
Windows 98 / 2000/ ME / XP / Vista, Pentium II, 32 MB RAM, CD-ROM Drive, Multimedia Capabilities
Macintosh OS X (native); G4 or better; Multimedia Capabilities